soUNDtangent: MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON (Prozac for your AntiSec)Posted: July 9, 2011
you’re invited to sing with us in the third guerrilla opera of SF Guerrilla Opera:
MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON (Prozac for your AntiSec)
Here’s the full invitation:
You are invited to sing on July 12 in SF Guerrilla Opera’s adaptation of the film classic: MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON (Prozac for your AntiSec).
Feel free to come by and sing with us
at any time
for as long as you’d like.
Here’s the score:
MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON (Prozac for your AntiSec):
1. At 7am on the 12th, the SF Guerrilla Opera company arrives in front of the Phillip Burton Federal Building (450 Golden Gate Ave) with 500 pages of leaked US Embassy cables (librettos).
2. We sing from these librettos until 7pm that night.
1. It’s no coincidence that Tuesday is also the first day of Julian Assange’s extradition hearing in the UK.
2. This is a celebration of open, healthy communication, information, honesty, art, poetry, and whatever else you want it to be.
3. “Singing” is completely open to interpretation. As always, the only Guerrilla Opera direction is to sing only as feels right in the moment–with no pre-planned stage direction or acting.
3. Contact Tom Comitta for any questions. Refer his Twitter account (@TomComitta) on Tuesday for on-location updates.
All our best,
SF Guerrilla Opera